Our world is made primarily of molecules and compounds. These two things make up everything we know of. But, what makes up these two things? In this article, I will tell you all about the inside of our world.
- Compounds- Molecules mixed together until it is near impossible to detect differences between them.
- Molecules- Combinations of atoms linked together by chemical bonds. They make up most everything.
- Atoms- The basic building block of everything in the universe. Defined by different combinations of hadrons and electrons
- Hadron- Particles made up of smaller particles. Baryons and Mesons.
- Mesons- Include special particles with combinations of quarks and bosons.
- Baryon- (Nucleons) Neutrons and Protons. Neutrons have no charge while protons are positively charged. Makeup the nucleus of an atom. Also includes Hyperons and other particles with varying amounts of quarks.
- Quarks- Six different types: Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, and Bottom. Different combinations makeup the hadrons. Up, Strange, and Top all are Positively charged. The rest are negatively charged.
- Leptons- Particles associated with chemistry and atomic decay. They are: Electron, Muon, Tau, Electron Neutrino, Muon Neutrino, and Tau Nuetrino. The first three are negatively charged while the rest are neutral.
- Bosons- Carriers of force. Supposedly the reason why the four forces exist. They are Photons (electromagnetism), W and Z Bosons (Weak force), Gluons (Strong Force), Higgs Bosons (Mass), and finally Gravitrons (Gravity). All are neutral except Z Boson (negatively charged). Gravitrons have yet to be discovered.
- Superpartners- Particles that may improve already discovered particles. They are: Neutralino, Chargino, Photino, Wino and Zino, Higgsino, Gluino, Gravitino, Sleptons, Sneutrino, and Squarks.
And that concludes our particles. Now there is also a set of particles OPPOSITE of these. These other particles makeup antimatter and some normal particles.
- Antiquarks (antiup, antidown, antistrange, anticharm, antitop, antibottom)
- Antileptons (antielectron/positron, electron antineutrino, antimuon, muon antineutrino, antitau, tau antineutrino)
- Antiboson (W+ Boson)
Those are the only antiparticles I could find. Here are some bonus particles (Not yet discovered).
- Gravitron, Graviscalar, Graviphoton, Axion, Axino, Saxion, Branon, Dilaton, Dilatino, X and Y Bosons, W’ and Z’ Bosons, Magnetic Photon, Majoron, Majorana Fermion, Chameleon Particle
Any questions? Ask a relevant question below!!!